Friday, January 2, 2015

How the past creeps into the present

Photos from my hometown, taken this past Christmas. I love the font on this building.




















It's crazy, but I've never noticed the detailed relief sculpture above the marquee of the old, unused movie theater. It looks like Columbus is subduing the natives (not so good) but wow. It's a work of art.


This building has potential, but it's been abandoned for as long as I can remember.















Gorgeous historic rounded windows next to odd turquoise building.










Mysterious door in the wall. Longing to explore what's behind it.











The past creeping into the present. An old cafe sign revealed ("Adam's Cafe: Lunch Counter, Table Service").









Another secret sign. Imagine, at one time, this small town had a book and stationery store....!







"Keep Out."







The old train depot. I think it's supposed to be torn down soon.














No comments:

Post a Comment